All professionals at Malladi R Sastry MD PA maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Malladi R. Sastry, M.D., P.A.
- Medical graduation (M.B.BS) at AFMC, Pune, India. One of the distinguished Medical Schools in India.
- Internal medicine residency, Delhi University, India
- Medical post-graduation (M.D) with specialization in Internal Medicine at Delhi University, India, One of the distinguished Universities in India. Thesis approved at Delhi University, India. Served as a Chief Resident.
- Medical post-graduation (M.D) with specialization in Internal Medicine at St. Louis University, Missouri, USA. Served as a Chief Resident. Board Eligible in Internal Medicine.
- Pulmonary Medicine sub-specialization with Fellowship Training at Methodist Central Hospital, Dallas, Texas, affiliated with University of Texas South Western Medical Center.
- Board Eligible Internal Medicine
- Fellowship trained in Pulmonary Medicine
- Served as a Medical Director/Co-Director, pulmonary department at Medical Center of Plano (currently called: Medical City Plano Hospital) for more than 12 years.
- Served on the hospital consultation staff of many local hospitals: Medical Center Plano, Medical city Dallas hospital, Presbyterian hospital of Plano, Richardson Medical Center, Lewisville Medical Center, McKinney Medical Center, Denton Regional Medical Center, Wylie Medical Center.
- Currently on staff only at the Medical City Plano Hospital (used to be called the Medical Center of Plano). Held important staff leadership positions.
- Listed in D-Magazine Best Doctors in 2016 and 2017
- Listed in Talk-of-the-Town.
- Many appreciations from very satisfied and happy patients.
- Many appreciations from very satisfied and happy physicians trained at this office in Observership Program as they apply for Residency in USA.
- Long list of loyal patients who drive long distances to reach this office for initial evaluation and follow-ups and continue to speak in favor of the office and the services they received.
- Long list of satisfied and happy referring physicians.
- Many other recognitions.
Partial list of medical conditions evaluated/treated at this office:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chest pain. Will refer to cardiology if necessary
- Chest tightness/shortness of breath
- Abnormal chest x-ray/CT scan of the chest
- Exposure to tuberculosis
- Positive TB skin test
- Pneumonia/respiratory infections
- Persistent cough/wheezing/shortness of breath
- Lung involvement from other conditions such as lupus and connective tissue diseases
- Will do pulmonary function studies and blood tests for allergies.
- Will do fiberoptic bronchoscopy (looking inside the lung in taking samples) for additional evaluations in appropriate cases. This procedure will be done at the hospital
- Additional services as and when necessary with appropriate use of required consultations.